Monday, March 23, 2009

From Snow to Paradise

The tail of a whale.

A whale had just breached (came out of the water).
Fish from our snorkeling adventure.

Our first morning in Hawaii and a beautiful rainbow before the rain.


Trey and just returned from Maui, Hawaii! It was my Christmas present, 5 year Anniversary gift, Mother's Day etc. We had a wonderful time and it was great for us to get away. Of coarse we missed our precious little girl. It was so exciting getting off the airplane in Birmingham and rushing towards her. She jumped out of my mom's arms and came running to us. What an amazing feeling. Here are some pictures from our trip. The highlight of the trip was getting to see several whales. They have migrated from Alaska to the Hawaiian waters to have their calves. We went snorkeling one day and while we out there we were able to see several different whales. I hope you all had a wonderful Spring Break as well.

5 comments:

Christi said...

Oh. My. GOODNESS!!!!! What a great gift!!!! I have never been to Hawaii and have always wanted to go--- now I just live vicariously through all of my friends!

I think the best thing about trips are being able to come home to the kiddos! LOVE that!! :)

Donna said...

Are you kidding me?!! How WONDERFUL!!! I bet that was amazing- my mother-in-law calls that investing in your retirement b/c after your kids are grown and gone you want to still have that special relationship with your spouse. I'm so glad you had a great time!

jaclark said...

Okay, you just mentioned you were going on a little get-away! That's awesome! I'm so glad you were able to go and have a good time. Happy 5th Anniversary! :)
Praying for you.

Elyse said...

WOW! So much fun! Happy 5th Anniversary. I LOVE Hawaii but I've never seen the whales. SO jealous!

Katie said...

I am so glad that you had a good trip. I loved your photos. It is way too bad that we didn't get to see you while you were here in Hawaii. It's beautiful, huh?!