Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving Pictures

My mom has already decorated for Christmas. This was after Owen's baby dedication.
The car ride down to my parents house.
The girls all dressed alike for church on Sunday.

"Give thanks to the Lord, for He is GOOD; His love endures forever" Psalm 106:1. Thanksgiving has come and gone and in reflecting on the season, my heart longs to live a life of gratefulness and to pass this attitude on to Ella Joy. Therefore the question, "How do I teach gratefulness & thanksgiving" must be addressed. In processing these thoughts, I have concluded that is comes down to everyday living and how Trey & I model gratefulness & thankfulness for Ella Joy. And that by God's grace we will instruct our children to be grateful and thankful to the Creator who created them. That even in the hard times, we will be grateful. When things don't go as I (we) have planed, I (we) will be grateful. I (we) will be grateful because the Lord has done great things and all of God's promises are true.

May we all live a life of gratefulness because of what Christ has done.

2 comments:

amyandcarltonwatt said...

Ella Joy is so adorable! I love being able to see pics of her as she grows up(which is very fast!)
I hope you all have a merry Christmas!

jaclark said...

Hey Bragans! I found your blog on Amy Cook's. I love it! It's amazing how much better we can keep up with each other over blogs even when we are in the same Sunday School class. You are welcome to check out ours at http://growingourfamilyandourfaith.blogspot.com/
It is not nearly as fun as yours without a beautiful child in it. She is precious! Hope to see you soon.