Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Maggie Kate's Arrival







EJ & MK



Our family of four.




EJ, Daddy & Maggie Kate





Well, it is long over due so here goes. Last Tuesday, November 3, 2009 I was on my way to pick up EJ from school and I thought my water broke. I walked inside and went to the bathroom and still thought my water might have broken. I got EJ and then called the Dr. We then had to head to the Dr.'s office and get things checked out. I ended up being admitted on Tuesday night to be monitored. My Dr. arrived at 6:20 am on Wednesday morning and told me that I would have a C-section at noon. So that is what we prepared for and began to call family. So MK came at 12:17 pm on November 4, 2009. Weighing in at 6.2 and 20 inches long. We are so thrilled to have her here safely and we are adjusting to being a family of 4. As Trey says, we'll be playing man to man defense.












Amongst all this excitement, we have a contract on our house. Things are moving rather quickly too and we could be out by Thanksgiving. Who knows? I firmly believe, the Lord is in control and that His timing is perfect. Please pray as we make this transition and even aren't sure about all the details that are to follow.












Here are some pictures:






8 comments:

The Lotts said...

Congratulations! MK is precious! Thanks for sharing those pictures. We are so glad that she arrived safely and all is well.

Dana and Chris Sheheane said...

Yeah Joy!!!! Maggie Kate is a doll and I seriously think she and Claire will be great buds!! The Lord had them born this close for a reason!! now we just have to make it happen!! I have been dying to hear when she was born. She is beautiful and looks like you already!!! seriously! love you and praying for you. i am at week 6 and finally feel like i can do this! so give yourself some time...it's okay to cry :)

Rachel Smith said...

Joy, I don't know if you remember, but MANY years ago we used to be pen pals!! I used to be Rachel Schuknecht, and now am Rachel Smith. When your dad was up hunting in October he had said you had a website. Well, I'm not real sure how, but through a little effort on Google I somehow found you!!! We have a blog as well, it's lrsmithfamilynews.blogspot.com
I am married to a wonderful man, Lane who ALSO enjoys hunting with your dad's crew :) We have a little boy, Kamden, who is 15 months old. He is such a joy, learning new things every day and now just learning how to test our patience.
CONGRATULATIONS on your new baby girl. Your family is beautiful and you have been truly blessed.

Rachel

Michael and Kim said...

MK is adorable! She was born on my neice's birthday. Congratulations on the contract on your house. How wonderful.

jaclark said...

She is beautiful and SO tiny! :)
We are praying for you guys. Let us know if there is anything we can do for you.
love, the Clarks

Katie said...

so glad she's here. and WOW on moving out of your house this next week! that's awesome and overwhelming, i am sure. but that is so great. keeping you guys in our prayers!

Jennifer said...

Congrats on MK's arrival! She is beautiful! I hope all of your transitions go smoothly.

Donna said...

YAY!!! Praise the Lord for your angel! She is beautiful- I know she and big Sissy will be best of friends. Enjoy your babymoon and I usually say "rest, rest, rest", but I think for you I will say "pack, pack, pack"! CONGRATS on selling your house too- that's a miracle in itself in this market!! (ours is for sale so I know!)