Trey brought home a pumpkin today. I was so excited and anticipating Ella Joy's reaction to carving the pumpkin. I'll just go ahead and admit that I was way more into it than Ella Joy. I was looking forward to carving it and telling Ella Joy how we are like pumpkins and that when God calls us to Himself, He gives us a new heart and cleans us out (all the pumpkin seeds inside the pumpkin). He then gives us the Holy Spirit so that our light can shine for all men to see (the pumpkin with a candle in it). She could have cared less about carving the pumpkin or even what I was saying. My hope is that we will continue to expose her to the Gospel and present it to her in any and every way. I know she doesn't comprehend now, but oh the day when she does! Here are some pictures from our carving.
"Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8
Monday, October 27, 2008
Carving the Pumpkin
Trey brought home a pumpkin today. I was so excited and anticipating Ella Joy's reaction to carving the pumpkin. I'll just go ahead and admit that I was way more into it than Ella Joy. I was looking forward to carving it and telling Ella Joy how we are like pumpkins and that when God calls us to Himself, He gives us a new heart and cleans us out (all the pumpkin seeds inside the pumpkin). He then gives us the Holy Spirit so that our light can shine for all men to see (the pumpkin with a candle in it). She could have cared less about carving the pumpkin or even what I was saying. My hope is that we will continue to expose her to the Gospel and present it to her in any and every way. I know she doesn't comprehend now, but oh the day when she does! Here are some pictures from our carving.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am SO using that! I can't believe I've never heard it! Awesome!!
Post a Comment