Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Help!

Alright, all you moms out there I need some help. I go back to work next week and have tried to get MK on a bottle for 3 weeks now. I have tried different bottles, let other people give it to her, tried different positions, etc. Done all the things I know to do. Now, I am just praying for a miracle. If any of you have any advice or ideas, I'd love to hear them.

Maybe it is because we have had many transitions. We have moved again, that's right, 2 moves in 11 weeks. We are in an apartment now and we are closer in town. Thank goodness! It was nice to have extra help and good meals for the past 2 months, but being so far out was tough. We hope to get settled a little and in a routine then get back out there house hunting.

6 comments:

Christi said...

I have no advice. :( Sorry!

BUT!! I wish we had gotten together while you were off!!!

Have you guys looked in Trussville? There are some great buys up here! Or do you want to stay in "town"?

Eve said...

I have not had to deal with that, thank goodness. Both of mine had no trouble switching to a bottle; as long as they were being fed, they didn't care how they got it! My sister's little girl would not take a bottle if she was even in the room and if you waited until she was too hungry, she would just get frustrated and scream louder.

Donna said...

I have nothing to say to help- I'm sorry! I do think it will have to be done by Trey or another non-mommy person because she will always know that you have the good stuff! :) Good Luck!

Shaunna said...

Okay, have you been nursing or pumping? Assuming you've been nursing, but you know what? I never sleep anymore so I could've completely misread the whole post! Know this is a little out there, so bear with me. One of the things babies love about nursing is the skin contact--so, I'm giggling as I type this, by the way--what if your hubbie or other understanding and shameless person takes their shirt off for that same kind of feeling?? I'm not sure, but I guess it's worth a try...or maybe not. Up to you! I'll say a prayer for you guys...big week! (nursed Gray for a year and had a hard time getting him to take a bottle, but he like the playtex drop in the best) Hope any of this miraculously helps! :)

holly said...

you poor thing! my life is just like yours except minus the new baby (mine's 11 months). living w/ sis-in-law until we close on our house in a month. Eli was tough to take a bottle. For him to finally take it, I had to leave the house. Just go grocery shopping or out for coffee, and make sure it is feeding time. When he HAS to take a bottle or not eat, I think he will...good luck!

Dana and Chris Sheheane said...

Hey Joy!!! Oh girl, i am praying for you as well!! Thanks so much for your comment on my post! I have two friends that it happened to at church and they said PRAY!!! We will just pray for a miracle. They said they had no advice other than keep trying the same position, same bottle EVERY time and eventually theirs took to it! love you joy!!