Saturday, February 21, 2009

Sick Birthday Girl

How about having your little girl being excited about her 2 year birthday. She wakes up and runs to the kitchen saying, "Cupcake" for breakfast. She gets dressed, we take a few pictures in front of her birthday sign and off she goes to school with her cupcakes to share with her class to celebrate her birthday. The day goes well and it is time to pick her up. In walks daddy to her class and Ella Joy has just thrown up. Thus begins the virus as we know it. She continued to do this on the way home and plenty of times more after she arrived home. She & I had a long night with each other. I love taking care of her & I hate to see her sick when there is nothing I can do, except to comfort her. I struggle so much when she is sick. It consumes all my thoughts. No matter if it is a small cold or a virus. I struggle trusting God. I ask questions like why? why now on her birthday? why now on her birthday when she is suppose to have friends over to celebrate? Lord, you know we have planned and spent money, invitations, a cake etc.? I feel so silly and out of control when suffering arises. I wish I could simply say, this is the Lord's plan. I wish my flesh would just respond in Christlikeness. Bottom line is this, the world is not perfect. Therefore trials of many kind will come. Sickness is part of this life. So it was part of God's plan for Ella Joy to get sick on her birthday, throw up all night, for us to cancel her party and still rejoice over her on her birthday.

I'll post some pictures later from her day, prior to her being sick.

2 comments:

Amy said...

sweet friend!!! i am sad that she is sick and I know that it is hard. I read this quote this week and surprisingly you are the third person/conversation that I have had about this amazing quote. "Everything is necessary that he sends. Nothing can be necessary that he withholds."

- John Newton
If we always understood there would be no reason for faith. It is ok to be sad but don't worry. He is good always He is good. We love you guys and I will be praying for your heart!!!!

Bragans said...

Thanks for the encouragement Amy. I do need it. I battle so many of the little every day to day things. We miss you guys too!